Having a pressure washer at home makes it easier to maintain a clean property. You also get to do so a lot faster and more efficiently. This valuable piece of equipment is perfect for getting rid of grime, dirt, and even algae buildup and other forms of tough gunk from surfaces around the home. The best pressure washer is always a good investment that will make your cleaning tasks more convenient. However, like most machines, getting the right one is the only way you can be guaranteed to enjoy its full benefits. In this article, we review 6 of the best electric pressure washers based on their important fixtures, use considerations, and user reviews. However, what’s the best electric pressure washer as you might be thinking? Our top 5 list and buying guide is going to help you decide which is good for you.
Why Should You Purchase A Pressure Washer
Although buying a pressure washer is not compulsory (a lot of people simply use a garden hose for most cleaning), a pressure washer makes it a lot easier to carry out a wide of cleaning tasks in your home. If you often need to clean your patio, driveway, decks, or wash down furniture and even your vehicle, then a pressure washer is a good piece of good equipment to have around. It helps to carry out cleaning tasks faster and more efficiently than merely hosing down with water.
Top 6 Best Electric Pressure Washers 2020 Comparison
Top 6 Best Electric Pressure Washers 2019: 2020 Reviews
1. Westinghouse ePX3000 High-Performance Pressure Washer
The Westinghouse ePX3000 is a high-performance unit designed to clean the toughest of grime while delivering a comfortable cleaning experience for anyone operating the unit. At just 19 pounds, this unit is one of the lightest you will find around. Yet it can deliver up to 2030 PSI of water pressure with a water flow of 1.76GPM. This makes the pressure washer suitable for heavy-duty cleaning.
This unit uses a rugged carbon brush designed to be quite durable. To further extend the life of the unit and conserve energy, the pump is designed to stop working when the trigger is not engaged. There is a soap tank built into the unit which makes it easier to mix detergents and chemicals for washing.
2. Briggs & Stratton S2200 Electric-Pressure Washer
If you want a unit with some extra firepower to get your cleaning done faster, this pressure washer should be one of your top options. It has an instant startup system that allows the motor to run instantly when the spray gun is triggered.
The S2200 delivers water at a pressure of up to 2200 Max PSI. The unit also features a pressured turbo nozzle that works up to 40% faster than regular spray tips. The unit also comes with additional spray tips and an attachable detergent foamer for convenience. The pressure hose can go as high as 25-foot for even more convenient and versatile cleaning.
3. YARD FORCE YF3100ES-R 3100 Psi Gas Washer
The YARD FORCE YF3100ES-R features the powerful 875EXi professional series gas engine from Briggs and Stratton that can deliver up to 3100PSI of water pressure for your cleaning. This is a heavy-duty unit that can serve a wide range of cleaning functions.
One of the features you will love about this unit is the remote electric start system that allows you to power up the pressure washer from up to 100” away. It also features lots of accessories for convenience including 4-nozzles, a spray gun, and a 1-gallon inbuilt soap tank. There is also a roll cage with large wheels that improve the mobility of this unit.
4. Karcher Electric Best Pressure Washer
The Karcher 13246440 is a high-tech system with lots of advanced features for a convenient pressure washing experience. A major highlight of this unit is the FC 5 spray gun that features buttons that allow you to regulate the water and detergent pressure conveniently. This also includes an LCD-display which shows the current pressure that you can check to adjust the pressure to your preference.
Additionally, this pressure washer also features a 3-in-1 multi-jet spray wand that you can use to adjust the water spray from the washer. This is a highly efficient unit but what you will love most of all is how convenient to use it is. When you are done washing, there is a hose reel that makes it easy to store the pressure hose. The handle is telescopic as well for even more convenient storage.
5. Sun Joe SPX3000-BLK Pressure Joe Pressure Washer
The Sun Joe SPX3000 has a versatile design that makes it suitable for a wide range of cleaning tasks. It also features accessories that make it suitable for different tasks. There are 5-different spray tips designed specifically to tackle heavy-duty, medium, and light cleaning tasks. The unit also has two detergent tanks which means you can store two different detergents at the same time for different cleaning projects.
This electric washer has a powerful washer that generates water at a pressure of up to 2030 PSI. You will also love the unit’s Total stop system that shuts down the pump until you engage the trigger. This helps to reduce energy consumption and wastage when the unit is not in use.
6. Sun Joe SPX3500 Brushless Induction Electric Washer
The Sun Joe SPX3500 features a powerful brushless motor that delivers up to 2300 PSI of water effective for cleaning all sorts of stubborn dirt and grime. The induction motor is also designed to be more durable and can run at a higher speed while operating silently.
One of the SPX3500’s most impressive feature is the detergent dial. This adjustable dial makes it possible to adjust the unit to deliver just the right amount of soap from the detergent tanks. This gives you greater control over your cleaning. This pressure hose also features a 35inch spray wand, a 30ft pressure hose which can be extended even further thanks to a 35-foot extension cord for maximum maneuverability.
How To Pick The Best Electric Pressure Washers
A pressure washer is a bit of a huge investment. So if you ever decide to get one for your home or commercial use, finding out what makes the best pressure washer would be a good idea. You don’t want to end up with a unit that performs less than par. Here are some important considerations for choosing the best pressure washer:
- The motor: generally you get two options in terms of the motor on an electric washer. The unit can either have an induction motor or a universal motor. Although slightly costlier, a pressure washer with an induction motor is more recommended. Generally, they are considered more rugged and are more likely to last longer than units with universal motors. Induction motors also operate silently with a low hum compared to universal motors that tend to make a loud noise. However, they tend to be heavier so unless the unit is paired with large wheels you might experience some issues with mobility. Hence you should watch out for this. On the flip side, being heavier means the pressure washer has a lower tendency of tipping over.
- Cleaning power: this is arguably the most important consideration when choosing pressure washers. After all, the purpose of the washer is to clean stubborn grime. Pressure washers feature a wide range of cleaning power. Generally, if you are buying an electric pressure washer, then a unit with a water pressure of between 1800 and 2000 PSI is good enough for home use. You also want to match this water pressure with a water flow of at least 1.3 to 1.5gpm. The water pressure determines how much grime the washer can push off surfaces while the water flow (in GPM) determines how well the water can wash the dirt away. The product of these two features is the cleaning units (CU) of the washer. Be sure to compare these metrics before making a choice
- Power source: pressure washers are either gas-powered or electric powered. Although electric washers are generally not as powerful as gas-powered ones, they are more recommended for domestic use. They require minimal maintenance and can be easily stored when not in use. A Gas unit needs to be fueled and oiled up. They also need a special maintenance routine when they need to be stored for long. Gas models also tend to be more expensive. However, they offer more in terms of power which makes them better suited for heavy-duty cleaning and industrial purposes.
- Spray wand: pressure washers with metal spray wand are more recommended that those with spray wands made from plastic material mainly because they are more durable. Typically, lower-priced pressure washers come with plastic spray wands. These are less durable and they usually feature proprietary connection points that make it difficult to get replacements when needed.
- Hose storage: pressure washers usually feature long hoses and cords. Having features that make it easy to store the hose would be desirable. You want a unit with a large loop around which you can gently store the hose and cord. It should also have a velcro strap or hook to hold the hose in place. This will make it easier to pack and unravel the hose when you need it. Some washers also feature hose reels or brackets. While these are versatile solutions, most users find them more tedious to use.
- Your budget: at the end of the day, the type of pressure washer you can purchase depends largely on your budget. Generally, you should be able to find a good quality electric powered unit within the 1,800 to 2000 PSI range with basic features for $250 or less. For a model with more features, you may have to raise your budget a bit higher. Gas-powered units tend to be more expensive. You may spend between $300 to $500 for a model fit for home use. With a budget of between $300 to $500, there is a long list of good quality options you can choose from.
Conclusion & Recommendation
From our list of top-quality best electric pressure washers, the YARD FORCE YF3100ES-R 3100 with a Stratton & Briggs motor is our top pick especially if budget is not a constraint for you. The Karcher 13246440 K5 is a lower-priced alternative with lots of great features as well. There are a lot of good quality products from reputable manufacturers, so choosing the best electric pressure washer may sometimes be challenging. However, any of the products on this list would make a great choice for domestic and light industrial uses.