A good harvest is the pride of every farmer. Considering the effort, planning, and preparation that is put into farming, who can blame them! However, the farmer has to go check up on his precious crops often. If he doesn’t, many things could go wrong. The crop might need wetting. Some might need just a little bit of sunlight. All these little complaints the farmer resolves. The most irritating complaint about being the weeds. It can be quite challenging for the farmer to see these thorns in the flesh of his gems. Weeds are unwanted plants competing with the farmers’ crops. They compete for space, water, and nutrients with the crops. If their existence is not terminated immediately, they can be the death of a good harvest. Which is why farmers need every available method to get rid of them. Weed Torching is the introduction of fire or flames to weed as a weed control method. This is a modernized method of weeding. It is better compared to the old method of pulling out a weed. A Weed Torch kills unwanted weeds without causing any damage to the plants or soil. A weed Torch works using propane to light up the weeds. The heat kills the plant tissue and automatically leaves to its death.
Top 6 Best Weed Torch 2020 Comaprsion
Top 6 Best Weed Torch 2020 Reviews
1. CRAFTSMAN WS235 2-Cycle 17-Inch Straight Shaft Gas Powered Weed Wacker
This Liberty red product is a Brush Cutter with Attachment Capabilities for Lawn Care. Its attachment capacity makes it multi-purpose and overly useful. It accepts other compatible tools and in turn, is used for many tasks. Attach rotating blades to it and it becomes a blower. Attach trimmers to it and you can use it as hedge trimmer, cultivator. Impressively, it is lightweight. It weighs just 13 pounds. Its startup button makes it very easy to use.
The device comes with heavy-duty metal blades. The sharp blades have a cutting power of 18 inches wide. This makes them a useful cutter in lawns with thick vegetation. The product dimensions are 39 x 12 x 11 inches. With a 27cc, 2-cycles gas-powered engine, this cutter is really good. The device comes with an adjustable handle. The handle can be maneuvered during cutting because of that. It also has a shoulder strap. Users can hoist it on the shoulder to relieve the hands.
2. Red Dragon 500,000 BTU Heavy Duty Propane Vapor Torch
Red Dragon VT is a versatile Weed Torch with product dimensions 43 x 3 x 6 and weighing 0.01 ounces. Though lightweight, you get your money’s worth. This Weed Torch uses propane to light up weeds. With a gentle squeeze, you can watch the weed wilt. After a few days, the wilted weeds already decay. The brass squeeze valve makes propane discharge from the device controllable. At 500,000 BTU, Red Dragon will deliver heat enough to melt ice and thaw frozen water pipes.
Its heat is useful in removing grease, oil, and paint. It’s been known to be an effective tool when separating plastic from metals. The heat from this Weed Torch can be used to sterilize animal cages, Pens, and non-flammable confinement areas. Hence, it is a good tool for Ranch, Farm, Construction companies, Maintenance, and many more. As a good weeder, it is perfect for weeding especially around hidden areas. These are areas like concrete cracks, fence lines, edges, garden rocks. Its handle is made with rubber for easy grip during use.
3. Panama Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Drip Torch 19″ Burner
Panama is a fuel-powered burner. It weeds using diesel or stove oil. Its Stainless Steel tank can hold 1-3/8 gallons of fuel. With a mouth as wide as 2-4 inches, refilling is pretty easy. The safety loop attached to the burner prevents flashbacks during weeding.
The burner is streamlined to aid assembling. This feature also ensures the burner stays intact during weeding and never snag. Oil flow is controlled using the brass valve regulator. The fillers cap also ensures there’s no fuel leakage.
4. Red Dragon 400,000-BTU Propane Vapor Torch Kit
This model is a version similar to Red Dragon VT 3-30. Though minimal, it is quite strong. Maybe even a stronger Weed Torch. It is a good kit for home and farm use. The kit is well equipped with everything needed to weed. Its torch has a bell 2-3 Inches, with length 30 Inches. At 400,000 BTU/hr, this Propane Vapor Torch Kit is a strong weeder. A gentle squeeze of the torch and weeds start to wilt. Ones sprayed, it leaves a thumbprint on the weed.
The thumbprint shows the torching was successful. Users can relax afterward. This is because, in a few days, the weeds would decay leaving a dark patch. Product dimension is 32 x 5 x 3 Inches. It lightly weighs 3.5 pounds. There are important features to look out for in this product. The accompanying hose is about 10-feet long. The needle valve is adjustable for easy fitting. The kit also comes with a spark lighter. The product runs on tank pressure. The instructional manual makes it easy to assemble the parts.
5. Supershop Propane Torch Wand Ice Snow Melter Weed Burner Roofing
Super shop wand is a Weed Torch with a push-button igniter. The igniter gives it a quick start while avoiding sparky startups. Weighing just 3 pounds with dimensions 2.76 x 5.12 x 29.53 inches, it’s a good choice. The valve opening is about 17-19mm. The burner is good for weeding, thawing, and softening (asphalt).
It burns as high as 3000° F. This makes it hot enough to remove paints, oils, and grease. Its torch kit is designed for an easy fit with the propane tank. So Users do not have to stress over assembling the parts. It easily fits with 20 lbs propane tank (LP). The wand is not just a weed burner; it is also a useful roofing tool. It is good for welding and soldering.
6. Mag-Torch MT 5000 High Output Weed Burner Outdoor Torch Kit
Mag-Torch is an output burner. It burns using 500,000 BTU. This makes it a thawing, burning, and roofing tool. It is a useful tool for the farm, construction, and melting line of business. Its weight is 3.89 pounds. Product Dimensions is 38 x 3 x 3 inches. Spark lighter is attached to the kit for easy ignition.
The 61 Inches hose makes it easy to attach with a standard propane tank. Though it has no automatic flip switch, it is safe to use. The POL safety valve assures that. Mag-Torch will work freely with any standard POL propane tank. A 20 pounds cylinder is however recommended.
Types Of Weed Torch for Lawn, Garden and Farm Land
There are basically two types of Weed Torches:
- Heavy-Duty Weed Torches.
These are used by companies. Although useful at home, they are pretty big. They come with features that they workable. These features are safety control, Bell size, hose, and higher BTU and flame control.
- 2. Lightweight Weed Torches.
They are very light and easy to maneuver can be used attached to a small container of propane. They are useful mostly at home and for simple tasks.
How To Pick The Best Weed Torch
Picking the best Weed Torch can be quite stressful with lots of products to choose from. Selecting the best out of the lot can be tricky. To get the best pick, consider the following factors.
- Burning Capacity: Weed Torches are heat-using weeders. How hot a Weed Torch is, determines how well it burns. 300,000-500,000 BTU is good enough. How long the torch burns are also important. With a safety valve installed to help control the flame, the burning length of the Torch can be controlled. Still, it wouldn’t do anyone any good if the propane runs out when you haven’t even done half weeding. Burning length is important. Although burning length depends largely on the Torch. Torches with smaller tip burn longer than those with larger tip using the same tank size.
- Farm/Garden Size: Your farm/garden size is another determining factor. This will help you understand what type of flame you need. For home use, you might be needing just a little bit of flame. If you are going on a full-heat, no holds barred weeding, then the heavy-duties might be a good pick. The heavy-duty weeder is the best for weeding on the Farm, Ranch, and large yards. Picking your Weed Torch? Know the size of what you are burning and the right amount of flame you need.
- Ease Of Use: Weed Torch is used both in the home and on the farm. Therefore, it should come with features to make usage easy. Before getting your Weed Torch, always check for these important features. Is the light igniter installed? Check for safety valves. Check if there’s a flame control valve. Controlling the flames is very vital as some weeds require just a gentle squeeze of heat. Others need a lot more. Any mistake can result in you having a fire outbreak on your hands. This is why the flames need to be controlled. Safety measures cannot be overemphasized. Weed Torch like Panama comes with a safety loop attached to prevent flashbacks during use. This feature is unique in its ability to prevent having fuel thrown at you while weeding.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Weed torching is by far a better and faster means of weeding. Weed Torch uses heat, flame, or fire to weed. As such, they can be pretty risky. It is important that Users exercise extreme precaution in using it. There are safety measures put in place to safeguard hazards. The flame control, ignition key, and many more ensure Users’ safety. Adhering to the rules laid out by the manufacturers is another safety measure. When picking your Weed Torch, it is good to check out these safety keys. Supershop Push Button Igniter Wand is one of such Weed Torches. With its push-button, Users need not work on a sparky start that could be dangerous. CRAFTSMAN WS235 2-Cycle comes with adjusting stable strap for ease of use. Users can strap it on the shoulder and weed on.