The beauty in gardens and lawns lies in pruning. Having well-pruned lawns is the dream of most lawn owners. For grass cutting and flower trimming, lawnmowers are needed. Lawnmowers are also known as grass cutters. Some mowers are manually operated while some are robotic. Best Robotic Lawn Mowers are designed to reduce human interaction to the minimum. They are the new models’ of lawnmowers.
These machines are operated by robots. The robot contains specialized sensors that make them able to mow manually. This robot is capable of trimming grasses up to 320,000 square feet. Amazingly, the robot’s sensor also helps the machine. The machine is able to navigate around the garden on its own. It is also able to quit working ones it detects rain. This makes Robotic Lawn Mowers the best of mowers.
What's In This Guide?
Top 5 Best Robotic Lawn Mower 2020 Comparison
The 5 Best Robotic Lawn Mower 2020 Reviews
1. Husqvarna Automower 115H Robotic Lawn Mower
This device is a smart mower, with just a connection, you can control the mower with ease. Connection with the device is done through the Bluetooth. Once connected, this Robotic Lawn Mower can be timed and scheduled to mow. The connection holds as far as 100 feet. You can sit comfortably and watch your robot mow.
This product comes with an installation pack for connectivity. Impressively, the robot needs no further guide. It has been built to mow around sloppy areas. It can work around the lawn without aid. Even when exhausted, it goes back to its charging station to recharge its battery.
The Husqvarna Automower can trim up to 4 acres yard. Its three sharp blades cut fine grass clippings. It cuts down grasses of about 3-4 inches in height. The robotic mower cuts so finely and neatly. Little wonder it is so easy to fall in love with it. Product dimension is 23.22 x 17.71 x 27.62 inches. It weighs 20.7 pounds. It uses a Li-ion battery for its operation.
2. Robomow RS612 Battery Powered Robotic Lawn Mower
This Robot lawn mower is powerful but for smaller lawns. Unlike most lawn mowers, the device comes with dual blades. Its blades are effective enough to cut grasses of a quarter yard. Robomow is connected through Bluetooth to control it. Setting up the controls is made easy through its app (my Robomow app). This makes it easy to operate the device anytime, from anywhere.
However, valid code is needed to operate it. This ensures its safety and serves as protection against theft. This product also comes with a rain sensor-motor. The rain sensor helps the machine to detect rain. It stops working when it’s raining and navigates itself to a safe place. After the rain, this smart device gets right back to work.
The product weighs 44.1 pounds. Its dimension is 29 x 26 x 12 inches. Robomow mows efficiently using and a high-performance Lithium battery.
3. Worx WR 153 Landroid: Best Robotic Lawn Mower with GPS Module
This orange beauty is a GPS powered mower. Product dimension is 24.8 x 17.52 x 8.86 inches. Weighing 49.8 pounds, the orange beauty comes with a GPS Module. Its location can be tracked. This feature makes it easy to leave the mower to its work while you engage in other activities. You can easily check up on your mower through its GPS. This unique installment is also an anti-theft measure. If your Landroid ever goes missing, you know where to look. Landroid L is also inbuilt with other features.
There is also an anti-collision control. This works by making sure the machine does not hit any object on its path. It does this using its sensors. The sensors can sense objects that are 8 inches in its front and 5 inches high. If the machine accidentally bumps on an object, it backs away. Then it reroutes and goes back to mowing. The Robotic Lawn Mower has a radio link that keeps it connected always. Another sensor works in detecting rain. It veers the mower away from wet grasses.
LAndroidd L can cut the half-acre lawn. It is a better mower with its ability to trim close to the edges. The mower is able to steer itself around the narrow path. It is the only cordless mower known to use the same battery to power its operation.
4. Husqvarna 220 AC 8.7-Inch 1/2 Acre Cordless Electric Robotic Antomower
Husqvarna 220 is a product to love. This machine does both mowing and charging all by itself. Though electric powered, it is cordless. The machine knows when to go for a battery boost. Charging time is as fast as 45 minutes and you have your mower back.
With its three sharp razors, the device is good for cutting lawns of half acres. The razors give fine trimmings. In the pack are 9-extra blades. These extra blades are for replacement. These blades can cut grasses about 0.8-2.4 inches in height. The product dimension is 28 x 21.6 x 11.8 inches and weighs 19.8 pounds.
Like most Robotic Lawn Mower, Husqvarna 220 comes with an anti-theft alarm. This alarm goes off ones your mower leaves the scheduled area. Another safety feature is its pin code lock. To start operating it, you have to input a valid code. All these make your mower safe while at work and unsupervised.
5. Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
This beautiful mower has a shield that covers it during rainfall. This shield makes it one of the best Robotic Lawn Mower. It can continue to cut grasses while it rains. Most mowers self-navigates away from mowing during rain. Its shield protects it from rusting.
The product dimension is 24 x 16 x 8 inches with 16.5 pounds in weight. Its sharp razor can cut down grasses 2-5cm in height. The device is easy to operate. It is customizable. Mowing time for up to two weeks can be scheduled on it. The mower works perfectly well at the scheduled time.
The Gardena can mow 800 square meters lawn. So for two weeks, you can relax and watch your gadget perform its wonders. This machine also knows to recharge its battery when running low. Ones fully charged, it can keep trimming for 60-80 minutes.
Things To Consider When Picking The Best Robotic Lawn Mower
Before you go on mower shopping for your lawns, here’s a list of things to consider to pick the best;
- Landscape: Understanding that every lawn has its constituents is very important. Your neighbor’s lawn might need a high capacity mower. Yours might require something simpler. Every landscape differs from the other in so many ways. While some have hills, others can just bewell-leveled lawn. Some landscapes can be sloppy. Others might be slightly steep. Lawn with steep landscape needs good engines. Then consider Robotic Lawn Mowers with a strong battery. Worx WR 153 Landroid L 20V is a Robotic Mower with a strong battery.
- Lawn Size: The size of the lawn is another factor to consider. If the lawn is about 2 acres, go for Robotic Lawn Mowers that can work that range. Some mowers can mow about half acres at a charge. Some can do more. What matters is how you prefer your lawn mower. You might want to ask if you want your lawnmower ones. You may also be indifferent if it’s mowed twice. As long as it is done neatly. Your preference is the determining factor. Then pick the one that suits your taste.
- The Mower’s Inbuilt Features: Each Robotic Lawn Mower comes with its unique feature. These features set them apart. The same feature also tells where each can perform better than the other. When picking your mowing, go through the model of the machine. You will see the features that beacons close to home for you. One more than the others. Features to look out for include; anti-theft feature, battery life, sensors, and work efficiency.
- Mechanism: The wiring of Mowers should be checked before making a pick. While it’s true that Robotic Lawn Mowers can mow without a guide. It is important to know your machine is safe on the lawn. There are always obstacles, objects that should be avoided. Some Robotic Lawn Mowers can avoid obstacles. Their sensors can detect objects that are close to them. Worx WR 153 is one of such mowers. It detects objects that are 8 inches in front of it. Some mowers however do not detect obstacles and they keep bumping into objects. This can damage the mower. The lawn owner’s presence which isn’t required is needed for such. That alone negates what Robotic Lawn Mowers stand fo: minimal human interaction. Of course, some mowers bump into objects and redirect. They stop during the collision and change direction.
- Protection: Since most Robotic Lawn Mowers are robot operated. They are left to work unsupervised. Hence, they are exposed to theft and other dangers. It is therefore important to get a mower that comes with a safety gadget. Mowers now have GPSmodulese making them easy to track. Some are code operated. If an invalid code is an input, it locks down automatically. When picking your mower, you should consider this. It is very vital.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Robotic Lawn Mowers are simple trimming machines. They are robot-controlled and thus works by making life easy for lawn owners. Their ability to navigate themselves around the lawn is amazing. Some like Gardena 4069 R80Li can charge themselves. They can detect their low battery and go for a refill. Some Robotic Mowers like Robomow RS612 comes with rain sensors. They can detect rain and stop working. The moment they sense rain is over, they go right back to work. With these amazing features, lawn owners have little input in the operations of Robotic Lawn Mower. You just relax and let your Robot do the job.