We can help you determine the best juicer for those looking for one. Our consumer reports on best juicers cover all aspects of juicing machines, the most noteworthy features to consider before choosing one. Also, to provide the top 5 best juicer reviews for consideration.
For an unrepentant foodie, there is a joy derived from drinking natural juice recipes along with food. Not only is the experience orgasmic, but the taste is healthy and different since there are no additives, no artificial; everything is just pure and natural.
Because all the goodness in fruits, herbs, and vegetables are pressed into one cup by a juicer for your nourishment, you no longer need to visit the juice stand. Instead, make your way to the household appliance section and get yourself a juicer.
What is a Juicer?
Juicer, juice extractors, or juicing machine is an appliance that extracts juice from herbs, fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables. It functions by crushing and grinding the food item into a pulp and then squeezing the juice out of it. The juicer is an important appliance to complete your kitchen and ease cooking.
Different Types of Juicers on The Market
All juicers perform one purpose, which is to extract the juice. The difference, however, lies in the method adopted by each. Based on that, we shall be discussing some popular types of juicers in the market today.
- Centrifugal juicers:
This form of juicers first cut up the fruit or vegetable with a flat cutting blade into pieces, and then spins at high speed to separate the juice from the pulp. They are functional in juicing quite a lot of food items and fruits.
- Reamer juicers:
They work best with citrus fruits like orange, lemon, grape, and juices by cutting fruits into half before pressing the along the ridged conical center of the juicer while some reamer juicer requires manual effort, others are electrical; automatically turning the ridged center to get the juice out once the half is placed.
- Masticating juicers:
This is also known as a cold or slow juicer and uses an auger to compress and crush fruits and other food items into tiny pieces before squeezing out its juice. The pulp is pushed out through an outlet, while the juice remains in the cup for pouring out.
- Triturating juicers:
It is also known as ‘twin gear juicers’ or double Auger Juicers’ utilizes dual augers to extract maximum juice from fruits and vegetables. They operate at a much slower speed between 80-110 RPM and ensures that less air stays in the juice, but more expensive than centrifugal and masticating juicers. However, extract high-quality juice that is both nutritious and long-lasting.
- Juicing press:
Not likely for use in the kitchen because they are large-scale juicers. They are used in orchards and farms to juice out a large number of fruits like apples. The process involves a stack of mashed apples wrapped in a fine mesh cloth and pressed under a heavy item in other to squeeze out its juice.
Top 5 Best Juicers 2017 Reviews on the Market
Now that we have discovered a little about the juicer concept, it is also important to evaluate some of the products available in the market today. Taking cognizance of the cons and pros that distinguishes one from the other. This is so that we can purchase a juicer that meets all our kitchen and nourishment needs. This part of the article covers that:
1. Breville BJE200XL Compact Fountain Juice Extractor
This is a bestseller on Amazon. It is a heavy-duty compact juice fountain with centered knife blade assembly that turns fruits into purees and delivers 100% fruit smoothies. It is a centrifugal juicer. Top of it, it’s one of the best juicers under $100.
- Dimensions:5 x 8.8 x 16 inches.
- Weight: 11 pounds.
- Operation/speed: 700-watt motor at 14,000 RPM for maximum extraction
- Other Features: 3-inch circular feed tube processes whole fruit; Centered dual knife blade assembly; stabilizing knife; second juice disc and stainless-steel micro-mesh filter.
- Safety measures: Safety Locking Arm; Dishwasher-safe parts; custom cleaning brush.
- Energy requirements: Voltage: 110-120 Volts; Power: 700 Watts.
- Makeup materials: Body: Heavy Grade Polymer, Cutters: Stainless Steel.
- Prize: $99.99
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty.
- Fine fruit micro particles get stuck into the mesh and make it difficult to clean.
- Some amount of juice remains in the pulp.
2. Ninja Mega Kitchen System (Blender, Processor, Nutri Cups) BL770
This juicer combines blender, mixer, chopper, food processor and ice crusher in one place. A professional-quality powerhouse that comes packed with a 2+ HP motor that handles limitless tasks in seconds, freeing you to focus on cooking, serving and savoring. It is perfect for frozen ice blending, food processing, and Nutrient and Vitamin extraction.
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 8.2 x 17.8 inches.
- Weight: 9.2 pounds
- Other Features: 64oz Food Processor Bowl, 72 oz Professional blender Pitcher, two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids, and a 30-recipe inspiration guide
- Safety measures: Dishwasher-safe and BPA-free parts.
- Energy requirements: 1500 watts power base
- Make up materials: Plastic body.
- Prize: $159.99
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- A bit noisy
- Liable to give off a strong electrical smell during use
- Not very sturdy.
3. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
This is a masticating juicer but work on a low speed, this is to protect and maintain healthy enzymes, prevent oxidation and enhance longevity of the juice for up to 72 hours without degradation. Its dual stage juice processing system also extracts the maximum amount there is in the vegetables and fruits. The nutrition center also enables the production of baby food from natural, fresh ingredients; extrude pasta, grind coffee, spices etc.
- Dimensions: 14-1/2 by 6-1/2 by 15-1/2 inches.
- Other Features: Dual-stage juicing system, Low speed of 80 RPMs; auto pulp-ejection function; GE Ultem Auger;
- Safety measures: Certification: UL- and cUL-approved.
- Energy requirements: 110V
- Make up materials: Plastic body.
- Speed: 80 rpm/minute.
- Prize: $288.99.
- Warranty: 15-year warranty.
- Not sturdy enough and cracks easily.
- Warranty and customer service poor
- Difficult to clean and filter gets clogged very easily.
4. Nutrihome Masticating Juicer Extractor – Slow Juicer Machine with Juice Jug
NUTRIHOME is a slow masticating juicer which keeps all the good stuff and nutrition from fruits and vegetables by its slow speed juicing technique. It is easy to assemble, use and clean and maintains to produce a juice that has more vitamins, enzymes, minerals and trace minerals than other juicer machine.
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 13.7 x 6.5 inches.
- Weight: 11.1 pounds.
- Other Features: Can auto eject pulp for continuous juicing, a powerful DC motor below 60 decibel and Heavy-duty body.
- Safety: Multiple Certifications: ETL, CE certification
- Energy requirements: 110V, Cord Length: 4.0 ft., Power Consumption: 150 Watt
- Make up materials: body: ABS, Squeezing Chamber & Spiral: FDA food grade plastic
- Prize: $118.99.
- Packaging: Masticating Juicer, Juicer Jug, Pulp Jug, Brush and User Manual.
- Speed: 80 rpm/minute.
- Warranty: It has 30 day money back, 12 months warranty and lifetime technical support.
- Requires you to first chop the fruits and vegetables.
- Slow speed in juicing.
5. Hamilton Beach 67602A Big Mouth Juice Extractor
Another juicer to consider is the Hamilton beach juicer which packs all the punch you would expect from an extractor: it is reliable efficient, high speed with no-fuss cleanup.
Equipped with a powerful 800-watt motor and extra-wide 3″ feed chute that tears through almost anything you put in, it flawlessly performs the task of extracting the juice from whole fruits and vegetables in seconds. What’s more, its removable parts are dishwasher safe to aid smooth cleaning.
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 13 x 16.2 inches.
- Weight: 9.8 pounds.
- Other Features: High juice-spout funnel, cleaning brush with micro-soft bristles, Large-round chute for less pre-cutting, Recipes included.
- Safety: Dishwater safe parts.
- Energy requirements: 10 volt.
- Make up materials: Stainless steel cutter/strainer; plastic parts
- Prize: $38.10
- Speed: 800 watts of peak power
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- It didn’t last long, weak motor.
- It is loud and vibrates a lot when in use.
The above product reviews talks about the best juicer and how to find the right unit. Take note of the features we discussed to select the a worthy juicer so you don’t regret in the end.