Low humidity has a major impact on the air quality of your home. It can lead to a wide range of health problems, including dry sinuses, nasal congestion, nosebleeds, and allergic reactions. Reduced humidity can also cause damage to furniture and electronic devices in the home. The most effective way to handle a low-humidity problem is to use a humidifier, and this is a device that helps increase the air moisture level in your home and restore balance to the air quality.
There are different types of humidifiers, from portable units designed to cover up to 150 square feet to large humidifiers that are built for larger spaces of up to 1,000 square feet spaces. However, in this article, we review the best humidifier for 1200 square feet spaces, and this is to help you determine what size of humidifier for 1200 sq ft is ideal for your home humidification.
AIRCARE MA1201 Console Evaporative Humidifier
Honeywell HE360A Whole House Humidifier
OPOLAR Large Humidifier for Whole-House
Aprilaire 600 Whole Home Humidifier
Aprilaire 865 Whole Home Steam Humidifier
5 Best Humidifier for 1200 Square Feet Reviews
1. Best for Single Rooms: AIRCARE MA1201 Console Evaporative Humidifier
This is a console styled evaporative humidifier for whole-house use. It is s a smart unit that has features that allows you to control and set the humidity level of the unit as desired manually. The AIRCARE MA1201then shuts off itself once the desired humidity level has been achieved or when the humidifier bottle is empty. This unit features a variable speed motor with three-speed settings and an ultra-quiet night mode setting.
The MA1201 features an evaporative wick, and this helps the unit to trap mineral deposits and ensures that it operates smoothly. MA1201 is a portable unit but still gets the job done without extra bells and whistles, making maintenance and cleaning easy. Thanks to its portability, this is a highly mobile unit, and there are casters at the base for enhanced mobility. With a 3.6-gallon tank capacity, this unit will deliver 36 hours of run time and has a coverage of up to 3,600 sq. Ft.
2. Best over-all for 1200 Sq feet: Honeywell HE360A Whole House Humidifier
This Honeywell Home humidifier features a powered flow-through design, which helps to keep the unit clean at all times. Not only that this increases the unit efficiency, but it also ensures minimal maintenance.
The Honeywell HE360A has features that enhance its water usage and efficiency, and this helps to save costs in the long run. This unit can cover spaces of up to 4200 sq. Feet. Honeywell makes it more than sufficient for a 1200 square feet space.
You will love how easy to install this unit is. You can easily mount it on the return air duct of your furnace if you have one or any other area with a warm air supply, and it will get to work at balancing your humidity immediately.
3. Best floor unit: OPOLAR Large Humidifier for Whole-House
With a 2.6-gallon tank capacity, this is a large unit that can provide coverage for an entire room and will last for as long as 22 hours. This is an evaporative unit with a large turbofan and wick filters, which ensures that your machine does not emit any mist. Only pure and healthy water will be blown into the room to maintain the humidity level.
There is a humidity sensor on this unit, and this helps to monitor the humidity level in real-time to make adjustments accordingly. You can preset your desired humidity level, and the humidifier’s auto-feature will adjust the speed accordingly to achieve the desired results. There are three-speed settings as well as a quiet sleep mode with the lights off.
The Opolar is an easy-to-use unit with a top filling tank feature that makes refilling the bottle quite seamless. You don’t have to disassemble the tank to have it refilled with water. The filters are also easy to remove and replace.
4. Aprilaire 600 Whole Home Humidifier
Aprilaire is another large output humidifier suitable for entire-home usage. With an output capacity of up to 17 gallons per day. This machine can hardly be matched by any other in its price range.
It is an automatic humidifier with dual sensors to measure moisture levels and adjust accordingly, and this allows the unit to deliver optimally throughout the day without any manual input or adjustment.
The Aprilaire 600 has a digital console that shows the room’s humidity in percentage and also indicates when the unit is working or when to change its water panel. This humidifier can respond to both the indoor humidity in a room as well as the external temperature, which helps it to deliver optimally.
5.Top- Rated: Aprilaire 865 Whole Home Steam Humidifier
The Aprilaire – 865Z 865 is slightly different from all the other products on this list, but it gets the job done as the best humidifier for 1200 square feet. This is a high output steam humidifier. It’s built for whole-house usage. Hence, it can deliver coverage of up to 6200 square feet.
This unit has a large tank, and you can easily adjust the moisture output level by choosing between 6 preset levels. This is a manual unit, but it still gets the job done as far as humidifying your home is concerned. There is an inbuilt sensor that monitors humidity, which can then be used to adjust the unit’s performance manually. This humidifier can work independently of your HVAC duct system has it features a wall-mounted fan, which helps to distribute humidified air effectively and circulate it accordingly.
How To Choose The Humidifier for 1,200 Square Feet
When you are looking to buy a humidifier, perhaps the most- important factor to consider is the size of the room you intend to humidify with it. The fact, you don’t just want any humidifier or even the biggest one available.
You want a humidifier that is perfectly sized for your room. This is because having too much moisture is just as terrible as having too little moisture. Raising the moisture level too high will make your room air feel clammy among other downsides.
Humidifiers are typically designed with specific room size in mind. Therefore, you have to measure the square footage of your room and ensure that it matches the humidifier you intend to go for as much as possible. In addition to sizing, the following are other factors to consider in choosing a humidifier:
- Noise Level: humidifiers typically make a humming sound during operation, but the noise level varies from one unit to the other. Humidifiers that are too loud may be distracting and may disturb your sleep as well. Look out for a product with a low noise level or one whose noise level can be adjusted.
- Humidistat: most modern humidifiers don’t run blindly. Instead, they have a humidistat, which makes it possible to measure the humidity level in the room. You can also set your target humidity level, and the humidifier automatically adjusts its operation to maintain that humidity level.
- Automatic Shut-Off: this is another feature that ensures the efficiency of your unit. An auto shut-off feature also helps to protect the humidifier as it turns off when the tank is empty, and this saves electricity and keeps the machine from getting damaged.
- Timer: this is a feature that helps to save on energy costs. A timer allows you to set your humidifier to work within a specific time. The unit will turn itself on or off when the set time elapses.
- Ease of Use: You want a unit that is designed for convenience as much as possible. Factors that determine the ease of use of your humidifier include convenient installation, easy refill, easy cleaning, and user-friendly controls.