Florists and gardeners can now enjoy the better gardening experience with the awesome best hedge shears available in the market. A hedge shear is a scissors-like gardening tool for cutting a larger portion of an area that a regular manual shear cannot perform. It helps you style but formal hedges for your lawn, patio, and garden. These hedge shears are being designed with incredible features that will give your patio, lawn, topiary, and garden the professional touch. These tools are being produced by brands that are noted for their amazing quality and tool production expertise. They have invested decades of production to get just the best models to suit any of your garden need.
Features ranging from wavy/straight sharp blades to cut through your flowers creatively and hold it from falling off, augmented rubber cushion that prevents it from rusting, made with light-weighted materials for easy use, shock-absorbing bumpers to prevent you from experiencing shock waves while you use. Adjustable tension pressure for the blades to suit the requirement for different plants, the handles are made with steel metals and aluminum materials. The non-slip grips on the handle will keep them fitted into your palm while you clip off. All these features are all to give your shrubs a healthy precise cutting.
These gardening hedge shears tools are rated for their ergonomic, flexibility, ease of usage, and hold you can also maneuver them to suit your individual garden need. Once you notice that the flowering event of your tree branches is over.
Best Hedge Shears 2020 Comparison & Consumer Reports
Best Hedge Shears Reviews 2020: Top 5 Rated
1. Okatsune Precision: Best Handheld Hedge Shear
This model made by the kitsune brand is considered one of the best hedge shears because of its vast production experience and its tools incredible features. These features help give your pruning experience the most effective touch you desire. It is very easy to use and very light weighted; 1.5 pounds only.
The Okatsune hedge shear is professionally designed with a dimension of 1.97 x 6.1 x 21.06 inches. It has a sharp 175mm blade length made from forged steel Japanese hammers that will help you trim smoothly and precisely.
Its handles are carved out of rich white oak wood to give your tool the sophisticated look. This shear is very sturdy and durable. It comes with an enclosed bag that protects it from rusting when you are not using it.
2. Ars Hs-Kr1000 Professional Hedge Shears
The HS-KR1000 model of the ARS shear brand is designed with a dimension of 26.0 x 6.0 x 2.0 inches with a light weight of about 1.85 pounds. This model will give your garden, mown, and patio the profession touch ever. It has easy to use features that will make its usage less strenuous.
The blades are extremely sharp that will slice through the thickest flower stems and branches. It has blade cleaning treatment to prevent it from rusting after use. It is designed with pivot bolts so you can easily adjust its blades to suit your gardening needs. The best feature about this model is the replaceable blades making it a very durable tool for your garden.
3. Bahco P51-F Hedge Shears
This model comes in an already assembled form taking the sweats of assembly in it off you. It is your best buy for taking care of your topiary garden. It trims your shrubs precisely and perfectly. It is designed with a dimension of 21.83 x 7.2 x 2.07 inches and weighs 2.2 pounds.
This hedge shear has seen like edges ideal for cutting through any thick branches, even one as thick as 15mm. The blades on it are10inches long, very sharp, and can cut smoother than scissors itself.
It is designed with augmented rubber cushion making it a very therapeutic effect. This model is noiseless while you clip through your garden.
4. Tabor tools B620A Hedge Shears
Model B620A is designed with super sharp wavy blades that will help trim your lawn creatively, the wavy edges hold the fallout from dropping on the floor. This will reduce the stress of cleaning up after use. This model is designed with a dimension of 25x 8.0 x 2.0 inches and with a weight of 2.4 pounds.
This item is designed with pivot bolts for you to adjust the blade tension into the one that suits your flowers best. It has a bumper for absorbing vibrations while you cut, the balanced handles are great for grabbing on without sliding off your hand while you trim.
The Tabor model is rated for flexibility, durability, and comfort-ability making it a must buy too for your garden, topiary, lawn, and or patio.
5. Berger Tools Hedge Shear #4490
This model of the Berger tool brand is designed with a dimension of 22.44 x 7.48 x 2.56 inches and weighs 2.27 pounds. Berger’s brand tools are known for one thing; the best. So give your lawn the best tool for the most effective result .it has an in-built cutter for branches. You do not need batteries to use this model.
The blades are well coated with chrome to prevent the blade from rusting. You can easily adjust the tension of the blades while you use to suit your personal need. The blade on it is 10.6 long, very sharp, and precise. There is also a buffer for absorbing shocks while you trim off your flowers and plants. This model is designed with two narrow channels for absorbing saps from plants.
What Are Hedge Shears Used For
Hedge shears have used a variety of purposes, the most common being manual hand pruning. It makes the task of cutting branches of your flowers faster and easier and less strenuous. It trims your flowers creatively and precisely. Because of the precision in cutting these branches, they leave your flowers in a very healthy state. This way your plants grow perfectly.
Hedge shears take the extra time use in disposing of the flowers off your plate.
You can also use hedge shears to give your plants professional sharpening that will make it stand out in your neighborhood.
How To Sharpen Hedge Shears
While getting your hedge shears sharpened you should be very careful in order not to get injured. Some of the supplies you need for sharpening hedge shear include; a pair of gardening gloves, 10 inches long mill file, a vice grip, protective goggles, soft towels, a very harsh brush, and a steel wool pad.
Carefully follow these five easy steps;
- Straighten up the bevel on your tool by tightening the pivots nuts. Make sure the nuts are tight enough and do not bend.
- Get a 10 inches’ mill file and file the hedges moving from the handle to the tip of your tools in strokes that are smooth and long until you can see the clean shiny metal as a result of the continuous filing of its blades. Repeat this step for the second blade.
- Check for any tiny metallic bits inside the cutters to prevent damaging the surface of the blade
- Reassemble your hedge shear clippers and adjust the pivot nuts. Carefully lubricate the blades to prevent corrosion.
- Clean up the oil from the surfaces of the blade carefully.
How To Pick The Best Hedge Shears
Since, there are plenty of hedge sheers available out there, purchasing a good and quality may prove difficult, especially if you are not too familiar with this garden tool. Nevertheless, these are the relevant features to consider when buying:
- Power source electricity or gas: Hedge shears use different sources of power to run, while some are manually operated others make use of either electricity or gas, and most cases both, therefore you should pay considerable thought regarding the source of power you can work with conveniently for your pruning tools.
- Price: Always ensure you consider a high-quality tool over its price, most cheap hedge shears are not always durable and performs less than average however if you have a constraint on your finance, you may consider choosing a hedge shear that will do the pruning job on your garden perfectly at the cost you can comfortably afford, and from brand manufacturers, like Berger, Bahco, Okatsune, Tabor, ARS, and others you trust for quality tools.
- Size and weight: Hedge shears come in various sizes, dimensions, and weight depending on the materials used. Steel materials are considerably heavy, while aluminum is so light weighted. Carefully weigh out the tool you can operate with ease. Choose a lightweight hedge shear that will trim your lawn, patio, and garden effortlessly and comfortably too to prevent fatigue and other health issues
- Multi-purpose use or single-purpose use: Some hedge shears have been designed to actively perform all the pruning tasks for your plants, others may be distinctly designed for cutting grasses alone. While buying a multi-purpose hedge shear may seem cost-effective, it may not perform the task as perfectly as the hedge shear designed to do that task only. Therefore, you should pay very close attention to the function these shears are designed to get the best result out of your gardening tool.
- Ease of maintenance and usage: While some hedge shears may be quite easy to use, cleaning them up after using them may be quite demanding. The hedge shears are most times chromed which prevents saps from plants rusting its blades and rendering it blunt.
- Safety precaution: Different safety precaution is needed for different hedge shears, while some require disassembling when not in use others may be foldable enough to fit into any compatible. Pay close observation on how to safely use your tools to prevent any hazard.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Manual trimming can take you forever to finish a small portion of your garden causing back pain, waist pain, and other health problems. Hedge shears are designed by trusted brands like Okatsune, Tabor, Berger, and Bahco to make gardening less time consuming for you. Best hedge shears make your garden stand out and look very classic. They are great for shrubs and topiary. There are multi-purpose garden hedge shears that will perform all operations in your garden, some have been uniquely designed for a singular function. Selecting the best hedge shears can be a little hard unless you pay close observation to all of its features, uses, ease of usage, weight, and dimension as well as the price and quality of the material used in its design. Sharpening this gardening tool is quite easy but you must be very careful while at it. You can also sharpen the hedge shears with a sharpening stone. To get the best out of your hedge shears you may consider going for the Okatsune Precision Hedge shear which is rated highly as the best out of all the hedge shear tool for your gardening use. It is light weighted and carved with the sophisticated white oak wood. It precisely and creatively cut through the thicket of all branches and performs as effectively as new for a very long time. The ARS HS-KR1000 professional hedge shears is also another best hedge shear gardening tool model you can trust to give you the best result for your efforts.