Plants need the right conditions to grow. Everyone knows this, but you know it even more because you grow plants. To be a successful indoor grower of any type of plant, you need to own appliances that make it easy to maintain control over the humidity, temperature, light, CO2 levels, and other conditions in your grow room. This is why you have to invest in humidifiers, dehumidifiers, heaters, and other appliances. But more importantly, you need to be able to monitor and control the performance of these appliances. The best grow room controller discussion will make this simple and easy. In this article, we review 6 of the best grow room controllers that make it easy to monitor and control various indoor parameters in your grow room. Follow this article to the end as important things about how to pick the best unit is provided, alongside frequently asked questions on controllers for grow room.
Top 6 Best Grow Room Controller 2020 comparison
Top 6 Best Grow Room Controller 2020 Reviews
1. Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller with Humidity Controller
The Inkbird ITC 308 functions as both a temperature controller and a humidity controller for your grow room. But the temperature and humidity control fixtures are on/off models. You can connect and monitor a wide range of heating and cooling devices, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers and have them work at the same time or separately. Both the temperature and humidity controls can be calibrated based on your preference. This is a versatile unit suitable for use with various electrical appliances and to monitor a wide range of spaces.
1. Bluelab MONGUA Guardian Monitor
The Bluelab Mongua monitor allows you to monitor and control a wide variety of grow room parameters. This highly versatile monitor measures PH, conductivity, temperature, humidity, and air quality. This unit is designed for use in various situations. The digital meter also features calibration reminders and a high and low alarm which allows you to set a high and low for each parameter so it does not go over or below the desired level for your grow room plants. You will love how easy to use this monitor is. The conductivity and temperature require no calibration. It also features a two-point calibration system that is easy to set.
3. Bluelab METCOM Combo Meter for pH
The Bluelab METCOM combo meter is another best grow room controller designed to easily measure the pH, temperature, conductivity and other parameters in your grow room. This digital meter uses a double-junction probe that ensures consistent reading and is longer lasting than standard glass bulb units. This is a portable unit that runs on a battery which makes it suitable for use both indoors and outdoors since you don’t have to plug it into a power source. It also has a simple and lightweight design. The unit features a low battery indicator, calibration reminders, and successful calibration indicators, auto-off function among other features that make for convenient usage.
4. Autopilot APC8200 Monitor & Controller
The Autopilot APC8200 Monitor & Controller is a versatile remote sensor for taking accurate CO2 measurements in your grow room. This unit features a 2-channel low-drift sensor for precise reading. Perhaps the most remarkable feature of this unit is its remote sensing capabilities. You don’t have to place the monitor in your grow room. This monitor is equipped with a detachable 16 foot CO2 monitor which makes it easy to place the unit close to plants in your grow room for easy remote sensing. There is also an optional 15-foot extension which provides an even greater range. The unit features a very intuitive digital display. In addition to showing the current CO2 levels at any given time, there is a trend chart and memory saving feature which displays the CO2 trend by the minutes or hourly basis. You can also see the analysis on a daily or weekly basis.
5. iPonic LC9951124 Environment Grow Room Controller
If you are looking for a unit with more advanced features for you grow room controls the iPonic 624 is the one to go for. This device measures everything from CO2 levels, humidity, temperature, and light. It has 9 programmable outlets for taking measurements of a wide range of parameters. In addition to taking accurate measurements, this unit can store data with a USB drive. This unit has a large touch screen that displays all the data recorded on a graph and you can set and control specific parameters for day or night. As part of the unit’s smart features, it can send recorded data and notifications to your phone for easy monitoring.
6. NEW Grow Room Tools LTL Controls LTL Temp Day/Night Temperature Controller
This is a simple but versatile unit for easy temperature measurement of your grow room. It also makes it easy for you to accurately control the temperature. The NEW Grow Room temperature controller has a built-in photocell. This allows the unit to detect whether It is day or night to take accurate readings. This is a programmable unit that allows you to set your desired day and night time temperature based on the needs of your plants.
The Best Grow Room Controller Buying Guide
This section contains information about how to use this device properly in getting an effective result for your plant success, features to look out in determining the very best product that is suitable for you, faqs, and recommendation.
Why Use A Grow Room Controller?
To keep your plants healthy and strong, you need a grow room controller. Plants have specific needs in terms of light, temperature, humidity, and CO2 levels among other environmental properties. As a grower, being able to monitor and control these conditions is important. Even when you have appliances in-place like humidifiers, heaters, and so on in place in your grow room, atmospheric conditions vary and your plants need to be kept in an optimal environment regardless of these changes. This is why you need to use a grow room controller to monitor the temperature. These units not only have sensors in place to take accurate measurements, but they also have alarms that notify you when external conditions exceed or go below the optimal level for your plant.
How To Find The Best Grow Room Controller
A grow room controller is a good investment (if you find the right one). You have to consider your needs, and several basic and extra features to find the perfect controller for your grow room. Here are some of them:
- Ease of use: be sure that the unit you intend to purchase has a user-friendly design. A lot of grow room controllers have required you to calibrate and set specific conditions for easy monitoring and control. Being able to do this seamlessly without stress is quite important. Choose a unit that is not complicated to set up so you don’t have to bother about getting the settings right for your plant.
- Durability: a grow room controller should be long-lasting. You don’t want a unit that stops working all of a sudden or has a history of erratic performance throughout the life span. Be sure the product is well built, made of durable materials and all the bells and whistles work perfectly. A waterproof unit with a good enclosure that protects the delicate internal components would be a great choice.
- Display: you want a unit with a large, clear, and intuitive display. A room controller should clearly display all the parameters it measures so you can easily take readings and for easy monitoring. A back-lit display will be an excellent choice too especially if your grow room tends to be dark. Some units also feature graphs that make it easy to track changes in conditions throughout the day, week, or even month.
- Alarm System: ensure that your controller has a working alarm system. Usually, a controller will have features that allow you to set maximum and minimum parameters for your grow room. When the conditions in the grow room exceed or fall below these standards, the alarm should go off to notify you so you can make adjustments.
- Versatility: there are lots of parameters to measure as far as grow rooms are concerned. From temperature measurements to PH, light, and humidity. You want a unit that can carry out as many of these measurements as possible. This way you won’t have to spend money on different units for each measurement you want to take.
- Connectivity and support: this is an extra feature that you don’t find on a lot of units, but would be great to have. If you can afford it, go for a unit that offers 24/7 mobile connectivity. Being able to have control over your grow room when you are not there is very important. Plants need intensive monitoring which is the main reason you are buying a controller in the first place. A unit with a mobile connectivity feature will be an excellent choice as it allows you to monitor and control basis parameters in your grow room directly from your mobile device even when you are not around.
- Warranty: from checking reviews, you will discover that a lot of controller units arrive defective or break down after a while. These are sensitive devices that may become damaged when they are not handled right. Getting a good quality product covered by a warranty will save you from the stress of buying a new controller when your old one develops a fault.
Conclusion & Recommendation
To choose the best grow room controller, some of the most important factors to consider include an intuitive display, smart design, and durability. However, at the end of the day, the type of grow room controller you can get depends largely on your budget. We have reviewed 6 top quality options in various budget ranges. Any of these monitors will be an excellent choice depending on your needs. However, the Bluelab MONGUA Guardian Monitor is our top pick.