Plants need light to grow and flourish. This is a non-debatable fact. So if you intend to do some indoor gardening, you have to consider how to get your plants the healthy supply of light that it needs. Sunlight is not always available. If you live in a place with a northern climate, for example, it is unlikely that you will get enough light to get little plants to grow well. Sunlight may also not be available during certain seasons of the year. Without enough light, your indoor plants will look unhealthy and struggle to survive. Needless to say, a constant and reliable supply of light is needed to help your houseplants grow and flourish. LED grow lights are among the most popular and the best options for supplying light to your indoor plants. There are different types of indoor LED lights available in the market. In this article, we review some of the best grow lights for indoor plants to help you make your choice faster. However, we are starting the discussion with the comparison table, then the reviews of each grow lights and followed by the buying guide.
What's In This Guide?
Top 10 Best Grow Lights for Indoor Plants 2020 Comparison
Top 10 Best Led Grow Lights For Indoor Plants 2020 Reviews
1. SUNRAISE LED Grow Lamp
The Sunraise LED grow light features two different modes controlled by two separate Switch. This allows you to control the kinds of light the grow lamp emits based on the needs of your plant. The Veg mode emits light that improves the growth of seedlings while the Bloom mode is designed to help your plant through the final stage of blooming. This powerful 1000W LED uses optical lens technology which allows it to emit light that is brighter and has a higher PAR value compared to other similar products.
2. Vander Grow Light for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
The Vander 2000W is an efficient lamp that helps you to save on power without compromising on brightness. Thanks to a 120 view angle, you get greater coverage with this light. It has a daisy connection capability for multiple connections. This is a full spectrum light that provides everything your plant needs from seedling to bloom. It features a heat-resistant housing with upgraded aluminum heat sink and high-speed fans that works to reduce heat generated.
3. Phlizon Plant LED Grow Light
The Phlizon 1200W light is a well-build unit with metal casing. It is designed to generate less heat compared to other lamps and this helps to conserve energy. This light features universal blue-red light with UV, IR, and white lights. This allows it to supply every your plant needs similar to natural light. It has a more comprehensive light spectrum compared to other lights. We also love the fact that this unit features a thermometer and humidity monitor which makes it easy to monitor performance.
4. Yintatech 600W LED Grow Light
This light promises wide coverage with lower electricity bills. It is also designed to be quite durable as it features LED lamps with machine welding. This is a full spectrum light and you can switch between Veg and Bloom modes, or combine both for a heavier output. The lamp features that operate silently as well as a metal cooling sinks with a thickened aluminum base. This design effectively cools the lamp while operating silently.
5. MARS HYDRO SP150 Led Grow Light Lamp
This LEG growing lamp is suitable for use in high humidity greenhouses as it is built to be waterproof. It is also designed to be more durable compared to many other brands. This is a well built and reliable unit with excellent performance. The casing has a heat sink design with but there is no fan. This allows the lamp to operate noise-free. We also love how flexible it is to hang this grow light. You can hang it upright, sideways or use it as a sidelight and still get the best results
6. Parfactworks Led Light Full Spectrum Growing Lamp
This is a versatile full-spectrum light suitable for any plant species at all growth stages. You can easily change the height and lighting area of this lamp depending on your plant and environment. This unit uses double cooling fans. This helps to prevent high temperatures that may affect the plant. It can be combined with other units to form a daisy chain quite easily as no special cable is required. It uses any universal power cord.
7. House Plant Grow Lights for Indoor Plants
If you want an affordable unit that still gets the job done, this is one of the best options to consider. This LED light is lightweight but has a sturdy construction that is guaranteed to be quite durable. The unit features a convenient timer that allows the unit to turn on and off automatically at a set time. The lamp can be connected with multiple lamps and the timer can be used for 2 lamps at the same time.
8. Blue Full Spectrum Plant Lights Bulb Greenhouse
This growing lamp is the cheapest product on our list, but it is still quite versatile and gets the job done effectively. It is suitable fora wide range of applications whether you are growing your plant intent, grow box, or greenhouse. This is a simple unit that is quite easy to assemble and set up. It has excellent airflow and a cooling fan that works excellent to keep the temperature of the unit in check.
9. King Plus UL Series 2000W LED Grow Light
This is a well-build grow light with lots of features to love. It has a simple and lightweight structure. It is also designed to be quite easy to install and is one of the brightest and most efficient units you will find around. This LED light has a fan-less design so you don’t have to worry about noise.it is a full spectrum light that supplies pretty much every light that your plant needs to grow and thrive.
10. MARS HYDRO TSW Led Grow Light
This is a full-featured LED grow light with coverage for a space of up to 4×4 ft. This a high-efficiency unit that is engineered to supply a full spectrum of light that is as close to natural light as you can get with an LED. This is a high-efficiency unit that lets you save up to 50% more energy. It is convenient to use and can be connected with up to 15 lights with the main control. The lights are dimmable depending on your preference and the needs of your plants
Why Should You Install Grow Led Lights For Your Indoor Plants?
LED grow lights are designed as an artificial substitute for natural light from the sun. They emit light in the right color spectrum needed by the plant for photosynthesis. If you intend to grow indoor plants, you need sunlight (or more conveniently) an artificial substitute like this to ensure that your plant grows and flourishes.
The Best Led Lights For Indoor Plant Buying Guide: Features To Consider
With several great options available, picking the perfect grow lights for indoor plants can be a little challenging. Here are some important tips to keep in mind and the major features to look out for.
- Consider the PAR: PAR means Photosynthetically Active Radiation. This is the amount of light that is beneficial to the light. It is the equivalent of sunlight and arguably one of the most important factors to consider in choosing LED lights. Usually, the manufacturer will specify the PAR of the unit. Lamps with high PAR are good, but this is not the only factor to consider as far as PAR is concerned. You will only get the best effects if the PAR is evenly distributed on the surface of the lamp.
- Consider your gardening needs: ultimately, one of the major factors that determine the kind of lamp you can purchase is your plant. Factors like the kinds of plants you intend to grow, how tall they will grow, where will they be placed (whether in your home or a greenhouse) and if you intend to grow seasonally or all-year-round) will determine the type of lamp to buy.
- Check the Cooling System: LED lights generate a lot of energy and are long for a long time per day to generate sufficient light for your plant. It is only normal that such a unit heats up. However, a good LED light will feature an efficient cooling system. Even fanless units are designed to heat sinks and other fixtures that ensure that the lamp does not overheat and destroy your plants.
- Programmability: LED lights that are can be programmed allows you to adjust the light based on your needs. Some good units have timers that allow you to set a time for the lamp to turn on and off on a schedule. This way you don’t have to monitor the lamp all day. In addition to the convenience programmability offers, it also helps to save energy. Some units also have dimmers that allow you to adjust the brightness of the light or alter the spectrum of light the lamp delivers depending on the type of plants you are growing.
- Price: Although your budget determines the type of lamp you can get, bear in mind that LED lights are not cheap. You may be able to get some good quality bulbs for a low price, but they are not equal to higher-end models in terms of quality. Going for a poor quality unit just to save money may end up costing you in the long run.
Conclusion & Recommendation
You cannot always rely on sunlight to grow your indoor plants especially if you live in a place that sunlight supply is seasonal. LED grow lights give you greater control and a more consistent supply of light for your plant. The MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W Led Grow Light is our top pick among the reviewed products. However, if you are looking for a less expensive option that still gets the job done, we recommend the SUNRAISE Triple-Chips LED Grow Lamp.